JungleDrums host, AcuteJungle66, joined once again by fellow Scholarly Gamer, Steve Carnegie (Cronos_53), dive into this week’s gaming/tech news!
This Week on JungleDrums:
- SNES Classic announced by Nintendo! Following the great success along with major controversy from their NES Classic Edition late last year, Nintendo is at it again with more supply and demand issues already appearing for pre-orders. Be sure to check out the Scholarly Gamers article released this week on the subject here! SNES Classic Confirmed: Excitement Level Hype
- Gamer friendly 4K TVs have been major talk since the release of the PS4 Pro and soon to be released Xbox One X. Is it time to jump to the next world of TV graphics, or is it still a little early due the high prices of true 4K TVs? Let’s take a look at what IGN is talking about.
- Last year’s success of DestinyCon, a 24/7 charity stream marathon of Destiny along with a full weekend convention, did so well that the Destiny streaming community couldn’t help but do it again this year, already raising over 1 million dollars for the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Though GuardianCon’s marathon stream has ended for the week, you can still donate by going to their website. The convention will be going on for the rest of the weekend, selling merchandise and streaming even more to help raise as much as they can for a great cause.
- AMD’s Ryzen Threadripper processor specs have hit the internet, causing some controversy about how well these 10 to 16 core processors will really work. Though the thread count is high, clock speed is looking rather low compared to other AMD products and Intel’s new processor line. Is this going to be the next big processor for gaming, or possibly better for streamers looking to build cost effective stream machines? Let’s talk about that.
JungleDrums is a weekly news show run by one of Scholarly Gamers’ dedicated streamers, AcuteJungle66. Topics discussed in the show focus heavily on gaming, highlights, streams and tech, but will typically hover around hot-button topics of the week. Joining AcuteJungle66 are a rotating selection of guests, ranging from friends of his interested in the topic at hand, fellow Scholarly Gamers, or members of raiding parties from gaming staples of his such as The Division or Rainbow Six Siege.
Check out #JungleDrums weekly:
- Live on https://mixer.com/AcuteJungle66 on Thursdays at 9pm GMT.
- Archived episodes on AcuteJungle66 JungleDrums
- Hosted at scholarlygamers.com or the Scholarly Gamers YouTube playlist
AcuteJungle66 has been dabbling with tech ever since he tried improving the tape deck of his Commodore 64 back in the ’80s. Tech and Gaming have both been interests of his for several decades, but he also enjoys the great outdoors as often as he can.
As a proud Military Veteran who spent much of his life on 3 different continents, he is quite content being back home in Scotland; where he enjoys a much ‘quieter’ life these days.