JungleDrums host, AcuteJungle66, joined by SergeantJay and Gimboid, delve into the new Intel i9 announcements, ASUS showing off their Zenith Extreme motherboard for AMD, Ghost Recon Wildlands DLC news, and much more!
This Week on JungleDrums:
After a series of leaks and rumors, Intel’s announcements at Computex 2017 finally unveiled its powerful new line of Core X-Series processors, including the beastly Core i9 CPU. The i9 is going to be the first-ever consumer desktop CPU with 18 cores and 36 threads, putting some heat on AMD’s new Ryzen CPU. That’s not stopping ASUS from putting the new Ryzen series to good use with their new Zenith Extreme and Crosshair VI Extreme motherboards, being designed to house AMD’s new Ryzen and Ryzen Threadripper processors. Earlier this year NVIDIA announced its G-Sync HDR initiatives with the promise of 4K G-Sync HDR monitors. The company has now announced (with their partners, ASUS and Acer) four new G-Sync HDR displays, two being from ASUS and Acer while two others look to be 35″ curved models.
- Immortal Planet, an action RPG in development from the Polish developer, Teedoublue (creator of RONIN) shows off a gameplay trailer with a ‘Souls-like’ feel to combat and some unique graphic design choices, but is the term ‘Souls-like’ (a term coined from the Dark Souls series created by FromSoftware) appropriate for this game?
- Enjoy nostalgic games on your mobile device? SEGA studios has you covered by making their hit game Crazy Taxi free to play on Android and iOS devices!
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands Fallen Ghosts DLC looks to be getting mixed reviews and excitement for its launch, giving players a good challenge and adding quite a bit more to the game like increasing level cap, new weapons, and new storyline.
JungleDrums is a weekly news show run by one of Scholarly Gamers’ dedicated streamers, AcuteJungle66. Topics discussed in the show focus heavily on gaming, highlights, streams and tech, but will typically hover around hot-button topics of the week. Joining AcuteJungle66 are a rotating selection of guests, ranging from friends of his interested in the topic at hand, fellow Scholarly Gamers, or members of raiding parties from gaming staples of his such as The Division or Rainbow Six Siege.
Check out #JungleDrums weekly:
- Live on https://mixer.com/AcuteJungle66 on Thursdays at 9pm GMT.
- Archived episodes on AcuteJungle66 JungleDrums
- Hosted at scholarlygamers.com or the Scholarly Gamers YouTube playlist