This Week on JungleDrums:
Your host, AcuteJungle66, is joined by Gimboid and SergeantJay (eventually) to delve into this week’s gaming and tech news! Elgato releases a pair of products aimed at streamers, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice has launched, Intel will unveil the 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processor family during the Great American Solar Eclipse, LawBreakers has a disappointing release, and more!
- Elgato is synonymous with accessible products for streamers. There are certainly higher-end products out there, but Elgato has certainly established a solid foothold with their capture devices and the recently released Stream Deck. This week they have released two more must-have products, the Cam Link and their own branded Green Screen. But are they must-have items?
- Ninja Theory is not your typical ‘Indie’ game dev. With over a hundred employees and several projects in the works, they have the potential to tackle AAA quality. Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice has just been released and is already being heralded as “An Independent Masterpiece with AAA Quality.” Admittedly, this game had not been on my radar, but after a closer look I feel that everyone should certainly check it out!
- On August 21st, Intel plan on unveiling their new family of processors — code-named Coffee-Lake — on Facebook Live. This just so happens to be the same day as the Great American Solar Eclipse. Following on from last week’s discussion about how Coffee-Lake will require a new platform, the gang discuss why this makes sense, as the 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processor family may have a few upgraded features over previous generations.
- For Honor is free on Xbox One until Sunday! While this game has had lukewarm response following its release, Ubisoft is trying to breath some life into the game. Xbox Live Gold members can play the game for free this weekend, and all versions of the game have a 50% discount on the Xbox Store until August 20th. Care to guess what I’m playing this weekend?
- Speaking of the Xbox One, it appears that the dashboard is once again receiving a make-over. The update aims to improve speed and personalisation, but did we not just have an update not too long ago? AJ and crew have a brief chat about why so soon, and a possible theory that may explain it.
- Cliff Bleszinski‘s new first-person shooter LawBreakers is off to a very rough start. The game failed to break into the top 100 games on Steam, and lost a reported 60% of its beta players once the game went gold. Did launching only on PS4 and Steam hinder this title? Or is this just a case of BattleBorn 2.0?
JungleDrums is a weekly news show run by one of Scholarly Gamers’ dedicated streamers, AcuteJungle66. Topics discussed in the show focus heavily on gaming, highlights, streams, and tech, but will typically hover around hot-button topics of the week. Joining AcuteJungle66 are a rotating selection of guests, ranging from friends and those interested in the topic at hand, fellow Scholarly Gamers, or members of raiding parties from gaming staples of his such as The Division or Rainbow Six Siege.