Your JungleDrums host, AcuteJungle66, is joined by SergeantJay to delve into this week’s latest tech and gaming news. Xbox 2 and Playstation 5 leaks, Destiny 2‘s Forsaken is a game changer, Dead Cells is selling like hotcakes, and more!
- It has been known for a little while now that Microsoft is working on the next Xbox, but in this article from Gamebyte, there is also a fair bit of leaked info concerning the PlayStation 5. Both manufacturers state that the next generation of consoles will be backwards compatible, which is certainly a new move from Sony; possibly inspired by Microsoft’s track record in that area and its popularity. Whilst there is no question that the PS5 will be more powerful than a PS4 Pro, what will a new Xbox mean for owners of the Scorpio?
- The Forsaken expansion for Destiny 2 is being compared figuratively to The Taken King expansion for the original Destiny. Just as TKK reignited interest in the franchise, it seems that Forsaken is a serious step in the right direction. SergeantJay shares his thoughts in regards to his initial experiences with the expansion.
- Thanks to Videocardz, an informative article displaying some of the GeForce RTX variants that EVGA will be offering has appeared. The company unveiled their Hybrid series, which features an AIO water cooling solution; ideal for those that want the increased performance and cooling power without having to run their own custom loop. Custom water blocks will also be available, the Hydro Copper FTW3 and the Hydro Copper XC; and for those wanting to save a few bucks, EVGA will also be offering a vanilla blower-type variant of the RTX 208Ti.
- According to Destructoid, Dead Cells on the Nintendo Switch is outselling the PS4 version by a factor of 4 to 1. Considering that over 76 million PS4 consoles have been sold, whereas only around 20 million Switch consoles are kicking around; that is fairly impressive. It is nice to see that the Switch is not just a short-lived gimmick like many critics expected it to be.
- The latest Nighthawk router from Netgear has been released, the ‘Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 WiFi Router 10GbE’. Full details are outlined on WCCFTech, and of course the router does not come cheap ($499.99/£449), but has a myriad of features including 60GHz Wifi!
JungleDrums is a weekly news show run by Scholarly Gamers’ Content Coordinator, AcuteJungle66. Topics discussed in the show focus heavily on gaming, highlights, streams, and tech, but will typically hover around hot-button topics of the week. Joining AcuteJungle66 are a rotating selection of guests, ranging from friends and those interested in the topic at hand, fellow Scholarly Gamers, or members of raiding parties from gaming staples of his such as Destiny 2, The Division, Rainbow Six Siege, or Monster Hunter: World.